Michael Schumacher has concluded his GP2 test, coming within four tenths of the lap record

Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

Michael Schumacher has concluded his GP2 test, coming within four tenths of the lap record

Post by Ross on 15th January 2010, 00:14

Schumacher ends impressive Jerez test

On Thursday Mercedes Grand Prix Formula 1 driver Michael Schumacher concluded a three-day development test today in Jerez, Spain. Clear blue skies, strong winds and a much dryer track offered the possibility to run in slick tyres for the majority of the day.

On Thursday Michael Schumacher completed 130 laps and covered 576kms which brings the total amount of distance covered to 1151kms in three days. On Thursday morning, Schumacher ran for 23 laps in wet tyres before switching to slicks for the rest of the day. Today's session included three long runs of 20 laps each. He set his best laptime of the day in a 1:24.621 in his last run - four tenths of a second slower than Kamui Kobayashi's lap record at Jerez.

Speaking about his week in Jerez Michael Schumacher said: "I could really drive a lot on this last day of testing and it worked out perfectly. I am very happy with the way testing went here: we worked well, times and consistency were well, we could do everything we had scheduled to do. I feel fit, I felt comfortable immediately back in the car - hey, let's go for it!"

Source: gpupdate.net
    Image source: itv.com/f1

Current date/time is 23rd August 2017, 07:46