USF1's Peter Windsor says teams will not be ready and be forced to cancel joint-launch plans

Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

USF1's Peter Windsor says teams will not be ready and be forced to cancel joint-launch plans

Post by Ross on 22nd December 2009, 08:36

Teams abandon joint launch plans

Formula 1 teams are poised to abandon plans to unveil all their cars for the 2010 season together at a joint launch.

The teams had intended to present their cars ahead of the first pre-season test in Valencia at the end of January.

But many of the teams - particularly the four new outfits - will not have their new cars ready in time.
    "As far as I understand it, a lot of the teams - over 50% - would not have had new cars ready," said Peter Windsor, boss of the new US F1 team.

"I'd be surprised if more than a couple of the new teams even had 2010 cars ready for the first test.
    "In my view a joint launch would have been better in Bahrain with the final test there too before the Grand Prix. That was a proposal.

"For me, 30 January was too early."

The plan had been proposed as part of a continued effort to cut costs.

That desire remains, though, and although the teams will now do individual launches, most of them are expected to be low-key, with a simple roll-out and photo shoot before testing begins.

Source: bbc.co.uk/f1
    Image source: sportindustry.biz

Current date/time is 23rd June 2017, 02:43