Jarno Trulli makes his first visit to the Lotus factory since signing with the team on Monday

Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

Jarno Trulli makes his first visit to the Lotus factory since signing with the team on Monday

Post by Ross on 17th December 2009, 08:52

Trulli visits Lotus factory for the first time

Jarno Trulli has made his first visit to Lotus's headquarters since being announced as a driver for the squad on Monday.

German website Formule1.de has reported that the Italian sat in the team's new car for the first time today (Thursday), and drove a Lotus road car.

He also met Clive Chapman, son of the original Lotus team founder and racing legend Colin, whose team has been revived by Malaysian firm Proton.

In an interview with the website, Trulli said of his old friend Gino Rosato, with whom he has been reunited as a colleague at the new team: "Gino Rosato and I come from the same region in Italy, Abruzzi, we are close friends for years and I've always dreamed that we work together.

"Claudio Berro [Motorsport Director] and Dany Bahar [CEO of Lotus Group] are also old Friends and I would have honestly never thought that I get the opportunity to work with such great people."

Lotus are expected to launch their 2010 campaign alongside all of the other teams at a joint car launch in January.

Image source: girlracer.co.uk

Current date/time is 20th August 2017, 17:08