Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo admits he is sturggling to find speed on the harder compound tyre

Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo admits he is sturggling to find speed on the harder compound tyre

Post by Ross on 12th April 2009, 07:55

Lorenzo struggling with hard tyre pace

Down on pace: Lorenzo admits to lack of pace on harder compound tyre - Image source: motogp.com

Jorge Lorenzo is concerned about his pace on the Bridgestones that will be used in tomorrow's Qatar Grand Prix, having only shown speed on the softer rubber in tonight's qualifying session at Losail.

The Spaniard will start from third on the grid, one position behind his Yamaha team-mate Valentino Rossi, but ended the session frustrated.

"I'm a bit sorry because I didn't manage to go quick with the hard tyre, while with the soft one I was faster, which is something I couldn't do during pre-season testing," Lorenzo told Italia1 television.

"So it's a bit weird. Let's hope that tomorrow, with the hard tyre, we can find the pace of the guys ahead."

He pointed out that he has had much less mileage on Bridgestones than his front row partners Casey Stoner and Valentino Rossi. While Stoner has been on Bridgestones since joining Ducati, Rossi switched to the Japanese rubber for 2008 while team-mate Lorenzo remained on Michelins.

"They are going very quick, but they have lots of experience with this tyre, while we've just started now," said Lorenzo.

"But there's no excuse: they are going quick, and we aren't going as quick."

Source: autosport.com

Current date/time is 17th December 2017, 21:53