McLaren announce that they have split company with sporting director after Australia controversy

    Share
    avatar
    Ross
    Director of Operations

    Number of posts : 794
    Country : UK
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP
    Joined : 2008-11-11

    Male

    McLaren announce that they have split company with sporting director after Australia controversy

    Post by Ross on 7th April 2009, 12:19

    McLaren part ways with Ryan




    McLaren said on Tuesday it has parted company with sporting director Dave Ryan, while vowing to work with the FIA ahead of the World Motor Sport Council hearing later this month.

    The Woking-based team has been summoned to appear before the WMSC on April 29 to answer charges that it brought the sport into disrepute after lying to race stewards at the Australian Grand Prix - and then at a second hearing in Malaysia last week.

    Stating that it wanted to work with the FIA for the best interests of F1, McLaren also confirmed that Ryan, who was suspended for his involvement in the matter last Friday, had now parted company with the team.

    "McLaren acknowledges receipt of an invitation to appear at an FIA World Motor Sport Council meeting in Paris on April 29, received this afternoon," said McLaren in a statement issued on Tuesday.

    "We undertake to co-operate fully with all WMSC processes, and welcome the opportunity to work with the FIA in the best interests of Formula 1.

    "This afternoon McLaren and its former sporting director, Dave Ryan, have formally parted company. As a result, he is no longer an employee of any of the constituent companies of the McLaren Group."


    Source: autosport.com


    _________________
    Ross,
    Director of Operations
    ross@turntwo.co.uk
    __________________________________


      Current date/time is 18th December 2017, 05:30