Toyota's Jarno Trulli believes he is in a position to bring the team its first ever Formula 1 win

Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

Toyota's Jarno Trulli believes he is in a position to bring the team its first ever Formula 1 win

Post by Ross on 4th April 2009, 14:21

Trulli targets Toyota's first win

Jarno Trulli says he aims to take the fight to Jenson Button and Brawn GP in the Malaysian Grand Prix after putting his 'perfect' Toyota on the outside front row spot.

Following his chaotic and controversial Melbourne weekend, Trulli is keen to show what he can really do at Sepang.

"I hope to do a good race and have a good fight, because this is what we are looking for," he said.

"It will be a nice race, hopefully, the car is pretty good."

He admitted that he was surprised to have been so quick in qualifying as he had not been happy with the TF109 in practice.

"I didn't expect to be here because yesterday I was struggling with what was probably the track, but I really wasn't comfortable," said Trulli.

"But we worked out a good set-up by analysing the data and did a good job with the team and the engineers, and today we got it right - the car was spot on.

"It's a shame to lose the pole by a few hundredths, but that's the way it is."

He pointed out that he had often excelled at Sepang in the past, so reckoned he was ready to cope with whatever weather conditions the later start time saw.

"It's later in the afternoon, which might mean showers tomorrow, which won't be nice from that side, but on the other hand it's cooler which is better for us," said Trulli.

"In general it's a technical, hard circuit and physically demanding, but statistically I've always been very good here.

"So I'm waiting to see the outcome of the race tomorrow but I'm pretty confident."

Source: itv.com/f1

Current date/time is 19th October 2017, 01:29